Wow! Thanks, Tara of Tara Tyler Talks for sending the Liebster Award my way. It’s like getting an A on a test I thought I’d bombed!
Here are the answers to Tara’s questions:
1. What was your favorite subject in school? English. I know, totally cliche! … Or portentous!
2. Do you believe in love at first sight? (do your characters?) I want to. My characters don’t always, though. 😦 Most of my poems aren’t the peppiest in the world.
3. What genre do you write and why? Right now, I’m focused on poetry. As an impatient writer, poems offer faster gratification than prose. Beginning, acme, end –> 3 lines. It’s the digital camera of writing!
4. What advice would you give new writers? I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer this question, but as a closet writer for what seems like forever, I’d say don’t give up. Just keep writing. Also, be true to yourself – even if this means you don’t fall in line with what’s popular or mainstream.
5. How long have you been blogging and what made you start? 2 months! I wanted to showcase my work and see what people thought; I hoped not everyone would say: blek, what was she thinking?!
6. Morning, afternoon, or evening writer? I tend to follow my moods, although I’m training myself to write on a more consistent basis, which means writing after work –> evening.
7. What’s the hardest part about writing for you? Constant self-editing. My inner critic/editor is loud and always on – even before I put pen to paper! It’s why I never wrote anything down for years.
8. What movie would you like to be an extra in? Any BBC production.
9. If you could go anywhere or any when for research, where/when would you go? London, England in the spring. And by London, I really mean England. My favorite book is Jane Eyre and second is Persuasion (or vice versa depending on mood). 🙂
10. Did you always want to be a writer? YES!!!
My questions to them:
1) When did know you wanted to be a writer?
2) What experience has most influenced your writing?
3) Have you ever tried writing something outside your genre/comfort zone?
4) What did you want to be when you were a child?
5) What is your favorite quote?
6) Who is your favorite author?
7) What is your favorite book?
8) What is your fondest childhood memory?
9) What’s your reason for blogging?
10) What would you be doing, if not writing?